Risk & Geopolitics
Risk is a very popular board game of French origin (1957, “La Conquête du Monde“). It is a game for 2-6 players, each of whom has an army and a Secret Mission Card, at least in the European variant. The winner is the player who fulfills his secret mission first.
Example Risk Secret Mission Card
Pre-1993 American versions of the game did not have this secret mission card; the objective was to conquer the entire world. There are no formal alliances, but everybody familiar with the game knows that ad hoc alliances are made all the time, to prevent one player from becoming too powerful. Additionally, open discussion is taking place about what the real intentions (contents of secret mission card) are of each individual player, just like in real life. Risk is a near perfect model for geopolitics because it is amoral, just like real politics, where demonization of the opponent is merely a tool to program the masses, in what is essentially a power game. Real geopolitics is a sequence of game of Risk sessions, usually culminating in the formation of alliances and ultimately war, which one party wins, after which the cards are dealt anew. Repeat cycle.
Over the past 125 years, four games of Risk were played, with 1891, 1933, 1948 and 1991, the years that every new game began. In chronological order:
- 1891 – European Hegemony
- 1933 – War on Europe
- 1948 – Cold War
- 1991 – American Global Hegemony
Players and Secret Mission Card:
1891- European Hegemony
Entente Cordiale, 1904 – the British walking off with the French bride as a first step towards the British planned destruction of Germany. Britain was the world’s hegemon during the 19th century and wanted a Second British Century (didn’t happen), just like the Americans want a second American century (won’t happen either).
- Great-Britain – “Destroy Germany“.
- France – “Follow the British and conquer Alsace-Lorraine at the cost of Germany“.
- Russia – “Follow the British and conquer Bosporus Straight and acquire access to the Seven Seas“
- Germany – “Don’t become destroyed by Britain, France and Russia“
- United States – “Do what the Israel Lobby says“. The United States should not have been involved in this European war. But unfortunately for Germany, US foreign policy was already under Jewish control and that fact was exploited by the British government that was on the losing side of the war and desperately needed new allies. Eventually, the Jewish lobby agreed with the British government that Britain would agree to the founding of the state of Israel, in return for the Jews to bring the US in the war on the side of Britain (Balfour Declaration). And although the Germans had done no harm to the Jews whatsoever, it were American Jews whose actions would be responsible for tilting the balance and pushing the Germans into the Versailles abyss.
The 19th century was the British century, mainly because of the defeat of Napoleonic France, but most important because of the invention of the steam engine by James Watt and subsequent industrialization. One KiloWattHour is the energy equivalent of one man-day of work. But if one worker can operate a machine of say 2000 Watt for ten hours a day (20 kWh), than all of a sudden that single worker is multiplied by a factor of 20 and Great-Britain no longer has 30 million citizens (slaves) but 600 million and corresponding geopolitical power. The numbers are arbitrary, but you get the point. That’s why Britain was ‘on top’ in the 19th century. But in 1871 the disaster (from British perspective) began: German unification. A brand new state of talented, hard-working people with the size of Britain and France combined came into being. And within twenty years ‘made in Germany’ had superseded ‘made in Britain’. For anecdotal evidence go to the Dutch railway museum in Utrecht to verify that before 1871 all locomotives came from Manchester, but after 1871 from Berlin. In 1891, a secret society, founded by Cecil Rhodes, decided to do something about it and mastermind a coalition with the aim to destroy Germany. In 1904 a milestone was reached when Britain managed to end centuries of Anglo-French rivalry and tie France to Britain in an anti-German coalition (Entente Cordiale). In 1907 Russia would follow (Anglo-Russian Entente), when London promised Russia Constantinople and the Bosporus as a future war booty. The British-led coalition was in place and the gun was directed at Germany. The next step was to wait for the proper opportunity to wage war. And that moment came with the Austrian-Serbian crisis, providing the Russians with the pretext (‘helping their Slavic brothers’) to wage war against Austria and indirectly with Germany, because of the German-Austrian alliance.
France was never the driving force towards WW1, that was Britain. But Britain had a few fanatical allies in France that were willing to help organize the war against Germany, notably Théophile Delcassé, French president Raymond Poincaré and Maurice Paléologue (French ambassador to Petersburg). The French war aim was to reconquer Alsace-Lorraine.
Russia traditionally, throughout its history, was in desperate need of a warm water port, to end the paradoxical situation of the largest nation in the world being land-locked. The risk Russia took in 2014 in retaking Crimea, illustrates this desire. Britain’s most important ally in Russia to bring the war against Germany about, was the diplomat Alexander Isvolsky, not the Czar; the latter proved to be very reluctant until the last moment before the beginning of the war. Isvolsky played an important role in Russian meddling in the Balkans.
Germany was the only one with peaceful intentions. Germany had seen an incredible rise of its economy and culture in general and had zero interest in a destructive war. Germany was perhaps a little naive in not noticing the repercussions its success had on notably Britain and France. On the night of 30-31st of July, 1914, feeling entrapped by a seemingly inevitable march of events, the German Kaiser Wilhelm mused to himself doomily in his diary:
‘Frivolity and weakness are going to plunge the world into the most frightful war of which the ultimate object is the overthrow of Germany. For I no longer have any doubt that England, Russia and France have agreed among themselves – knowing that our treaty obligations compel us to support Austria – to use the Austro-Serb conflict as a pretext for waging a war of annihilation against us… In this way the stupidity and clumsiness of our ally [Austria] is turned into a noose. So the celebrated encirclement of Germany has finally become an accepted fact… The net has suddenly been closed over our heads, and the purely anti-German policy which England has been scornfully pursuing all over the world has won the most spectacular victory which we have proved ourselves powerless to prevent while they, having got us despite our struggles all alone into the net through our loyalty to Austria, proceed to throttle our political and economic existence. A magnificent achievement, which even those for whom it means disaster are bound to admire.’
That’s all you need to know about WW1 when it comes to intentions.
1933 – War on Europe
Greatest conspiracy in world history. Europe destroyed, Anglo-Soviet mission accomplished, beginning or the rule of the ideologues. Victory of the Left.
- Germany – “Prevent Bolshevik takeover and reverse Versailles by reuniting all German lands, regardless of what the rest of the world thinks“. The Versailles Treaty had pushed Germany into the abyss. There was a very real threat of Bolshevik takeover and communists and nationalists were fighting in the streets. In 1933 the nationalists had won and started to put the communist leadership in concentration camps (among them a lot of Jews), in perfect symmetry to what the communists in Russia had done earlier with the anti-communist opposition. The difference was the scale: in 1939 the German concentration camps harbored ca. 28,000 people, the Gulags in contrast millions. After 1933, the nationalist government embarked on a policy of bringing home all the German territories that once had been part of the German empire and/or actually wanted to return to the Reich: Rheinland, Saar, Austria (rump-Austria had requested in Versailles to merge with Germany but was refused. WW1 had been fought to destroy Germany, not to enlarge it with Austria), Suedetenland, Memel (just like Crimea volunteered to return to Russia in 2014). The last minor missing item on the German todo-list was Danzig and that was used by the US to get the war in Europe started, by secretly setting up the Poles against the Germans, let the situation escalate by falsely promising that the Allies would come to the aid of the Poles regardless what they would do (a bold-faced lie) and this indirectly encouraged the Poles to persecute the Germans, forced to live in Versailles-Poland, prompting the Germans to invade Poland to come to the aid of their beleaguered countrymen, after the Americans had pushed British and French into a Polish war guarantee first. Using that trick, the US could intentionally destroy Europe and divide the loot betweem themselves and the USSR and organize a show-trial in Nuremberg to falsify history and create the moral patina to justify the Anglo-Soviet actions.
- British Empire – “Defend the British Empire and avoid war with Germany“. Britain-1939 is the only country that does not fit in the mold of the Risk board game, that assumes that the behavior of every country is defined by a single Secret Mission Card. In the case of Britain-1939 there were two Secret Mission Cards. The official one promoted by PM Chamberlain and the second one, promoted by the British war party headed by the AngloZionist paid traitor Churchill: instigate war against Germany to promote US geopolitical interests, as defined on the US Secret Mission Card. Churchill was bought by a special interest group, called the Focus, whose explicit goal was to bring Britain into war with Germany. As an illustration: all the famous Churchill speeches, beating the war drums, were in reality written by a Waley Cohen, chairman of Royal Dutch Shell. The fatal mistake the Germans made, was to invade Prague, after the Czech state began to collapse, when Sudetenland was separated and returned to the Reich. With a little diplomatic skill they could have made the Czechs to volunteer become a member of the Reich, but the Germans are better engineers than diplomats. Although there never had been an independent Czech state in history, other than the one created by the victorious allies in Versailles to criple Germany and Prague had always been part of Austria and even had harbored the first German university, the invasion of Prague was the straw that broke the camel’s back and pushed Chamberlain in the defensive vis-a-vis the British war party. Chamberlain was very well aware of the existence of a second secret mission cards in the hands of Churchill. Despite repeated invitations, Chamberlains managed to avoid meeting Roosevelt, because Chamberlain knew precisely what Roosevelt was up to.
- France – “Uneasy status quo with Germany“. France was not really keen on war with Germany, too vivid were the memories of the last war. Both Britain and France had reluctantly accepted that the existence of Germany needed to be accepted and that the Versailles conditions could not be upheld. In the end it would be the US and its stooge Churchill that would persuade the French to sign the fatal Polish war guarantee. Illustrative for the French reluctance was the fact that, although Britain and France declared war on Germany on September 3, 1939, it took them both more than half a year to finally undertake action and prepare for the invasion of Norway to cut off essential iron ore supplies to Germany from Narvik, but plans for that action were intercepted by German intelligence and Britain, France and Germany invaded Norway on the very same day. After a month or so, 8,000 Germans defeated 25,000 British and French. Once that action failed, Chamberlain retreated and Churchill became prime minister, although it had been him who had organized the failed Norwegian campaign. The first thing Churchill did was picking up bombing civilian targets in Germany, a practice on which the Germans had no choice but to retaliate with great reluctance, because they were never interested in this was.
- United States – “Destroy and conquer Europe in an alliance with USSR“. The real architect of WW2 was the United States, that had been pushing for anti-German policies from the first day Roosevelt entered office. The first thing his government did was to establish diplomatic relations with the USSR, what no civilized nation had done before. That would turn out to be the beginning of the USA-USSR alliance that would eventually destroy and occupy Europe, by design. The USSR had plans to invade Europe since the early twenties, since world communism was core of its ideology. Stalin admirer Roosevelt never said anything against these Soviet intentions, but instead used it to encircle Europe. From the Finish Mannerheim files we now know that Roosevelt, Churchill and Stalin already agreed upon the destruction of Europe, early 1939. We will elaborate on the Mannerheim files later.
- Soviet-Union – “Conquer the world for Bolshevism, to begin with Germany“. The Reds were victorious at the end of the Russian civil war and the USSR could consolidate during the early twenties and began to plan for world conquest, with defeated Germany as the prime target. This aim was detected by German nationalists, who wanted to prevent a take-over. In 1933 the nationalist managed to defeat the communists and install an authoritarian government that achieved remarkable economic success, resulting in elimination of unemployment and a modest prosperity for German workers. Germany had a foreign policy which aimed at bringing ‘Heim ins Reich‘ all the territories that wanted to return to Germany, but had been cut off by the Allies in Versailles. After all, WW1 was fought by the Allies to downsize Germany. Things went wrong with the last item at Hitler’s todo list: Danzig, at the time administered by the League of Nations. Although the town was 97% German, the Poles nevertheless wanted it for themselves and the Poles were secretly encouraged by the Americans not to give in to German demands. Like in present day Ukraine/Donbass, again the Americans had every intention to stoke the flames of conflict… because they intended to become part of the conflict and defeat the German core of Europe, so the Americans could colonize it. The situation began to escalate and the Poles began to persecute the two million Germans, forced to live in Versailles Poland and set their sights on Eastern Prussia. After the war, the Poles would completely cleanse the areas mentioned, but the intention was already looming in 1939. The Germans invaded Poland as a response to the crisis, not to incorporate Poland into Germany.
- Japan – “Expand in Asia“. The Japanese empire sought resources and expanded in Asia, but dug its own grave when on September 27, 1940, Japan joined the Axis. That was a fatal move, because ten days later, US Lieutenant Commander McCollum wrote a memorandum, pointing out that Japan joining the Axis provided a splendid opportunity for the US to get involved in its desired war with Germany. All that the US needed Japan to do was to provoke it into an attack. The McCollum memorandum defined a program to achieve exactly that and the core issue was an oil embargo against Japan, that for the full 100% was dependent for its oil on the US, combined with impossible US demands to get the embargo lifted (“dissolve your entire Asian empire”). Roosevelt did anticipate that Japan would attempt to circumvent the embargo and get its oil from the Dutch East Indies. Roosevelt also anticipated that Japan would require to remove the threat in the left flank from the US fleet stationed in Pearl Harbor, on its way south. Japan had no choice and took the bait and attacked.
- Italy – “Prevent communist takeover through fascism and expand in Africa“. It remains to be seen which one was the most useless ally for Germany: Japan or Italy. The alliance with Japan offered the opportunity for the US to get involved. Italy behaved complete Machiavellian and might as well have fought against Germany, if the French campaign had not been as successful as it did. Without consulting Germany, the Italian fools wanted grandeur and decided to attack Greece. This provided the opportunity for the British to ‘come to the aid of the greeks’. But instead of helping the Greeks against the Italians, the British landed in the North-East of Greece (Thessaloniki) with the sole purpose to bring the only German source of oil in Ploesti, Romania in range of the British bombers, forcing the Germans to intervene through Yugoslavia, a move anticipated and intended by the British. The purpose was to provide Stalin with extra time to complete the mobilization of his entire army and start the attack against Germany. Germany lost three valuable months, thanks to Mussolini and was the sole reason why Germany got stuck in the mud, 50 miles from Moscow. The plan to occupy Moscow and dissolve the Soviet state failed and the war was lost.
- Poland – “Restore Polish greatness and expand at the cost of Germany“. Poland was the ‘useful idiot’ for the US and USSR to instigate WW2 in Europe, something the Russians are now hinting at, that that was indeed the case, without admitting their own considerable guilt in the sordid matter. Germany in 1939 had never any other intention than getting the 97% German town of Danzig back, at the time administered by the League of Nations as a result of Versailles, as well as acquire transport links to Eastern Prussia through the Polish Corridor. But land-locked Poland also openly wanted Danzig (and secretly Eastern Prussia, as well as cleansing Poland from Germans forced to live in Versailles Poland). Germany was willing to provide Poland with the right to use Danzig harbor facilities, but the Americans secretly told the Poles not to give in to any German demand, after the US had earlier pushed reluctant Britain and France into a Polish war guarantee. The US told the Poles that they could do what they wanted, because the Allies would come to their aid regardless. It was a bold-faced lie, after the war Poland was happily handed over to the loving care of Stalin, but the Poles believed it, because they wanted to believe it. Once that fatal war guarantee was in place, all the US needed to do was to ensure that war between Poland and Germany would indeed break out, to initiate a grand scale European war, just like the US hopes to instigate a total war on European soil again today, this time between NATO and Russia. And again, Poland could be used again to stoke the flames of war. This time Poland does not want to steel German territory (it already has), but add Ukraine to its sphere of influence. Lvov was once a Polish town and even Kiev. In 1946, all the US and USSR needed to do was to organize a Stalinist show-trial in Nuremberg and with a filthy grin on their face blame the Germans of ‘wanting to conquer the world’ and blame them for all sorts of atrocities, so the US and USSR for the eyes of the world could cover up the deception and provide themselves with moral patina to justify the consolidation of ill-gotten their European gains.
1948 – USA/USSR Cold War
- United States – “Conquer the entire world for capitalism (read: Washington/Wallstreet elite)“. The US-USSR alliance successfully destroyed Europe and divided the lot loot among themselves. But once that was accomplished an alienation followed and the Cold War began. NATO was formed in 1949 and the communist bloc responded with the formation of the Warsaw Pact in 1955.
- Soviet Union – “Conquer the entire world for Bolshevism“. The Cold War was a natural consequence of the existence of two power blocs, who both dwarfed everybody else and both had global aspirations: Liberal Capitalism versus Bolshevism. In the end the West would win without a war because it had a superior economic system.
- Europe – “Unite Europe“. Europe understood that the days of four centuries of global European dominance were over and started to reconsider its position. Under joint Franco-German leadership, a program was initiated for far-reaching European integration via a sequence of institutional changes: EGKS, EEC, EC and finally EU, including a single currency, president, parliament and constitution. Until now the leadership of the US within the western alliance has not yet been challenged.
- Non-Aligned Movement – “Steer independent course of both West and Soviet bloc“. Organisation of all those countries, not part of the West or Soviet bloc. Of limited significance.
1991 – American Hegemony
The world belongs to the Self-Chosen… or does it?
- United States – “Conquer the entire world (NWO)“. Sees itself as ‘exceptionalist’ and destined to lead the world and eventually incorporate all global territory into one world state, the New World Order, a world without nations and borders and mixed populations. Religion and state are strictly separated. In this sense, the US is the last truly ‘communist country’ on earth, because it has exactly the same goal as the USSR (†), albeit with a different economic system. In order to realize this objective, the US tries to outspend everybody else on ‘defense’. Officially a democracy, but is in reality an oligarchy run by banking and media moguls, as well as think tanks. The US has no ambition to physically conquer the world, like the Europeans did with their respective empires; instead the US wants to conquer the heads of the global elites and make them align with global institutions like UN, IMF, Worldbank and promote mass immigration to destroy the idea of nation. The US army is merely used against adversaries that are easy to defeat. Strong disconnect between the Washington elite and the population, latest president approval rating 39%.
The arsenal of the New World Order
- EU – “Do reluctantly what the US says“. The EU has a combined economy slightly larger than the US, and from the outside looks like a monolithic block, but on closer inspection consists of a very diverse set of nations, that to a large extent operate independently, with the almost inevitable consequence of weak political leadership. No program to conquer/dominate the world. And although the official goal of the EU is to promote the idea of a multi-polar world, no serious attempts have been undertaken of late to challenge the US as colonial overlord. It is satisfied to be on the side of the winners, has a ‘Atlanticist mindset’, calls itself a ‘soft power’, meaning that it is by and large not ready to challenge the dominance of the US. France could be the exception in the coming years and has a long Gaullist tradition of opposing Anglosphere. That tradition was reversed under Sarkozy but could return under Marine le Pen. Interesting is the growing divide between the baby boomer Atlanticist elite and an ever growing part of the population that resents the elite’s multiculturalism and mass immigration.
- Russia – “Resist the NWO via ad hoc alliance with China“. Successor of the USSR (†). Began to lead global resistance against the US, after it understood that the US wants to colonize Russia. Strong coherent political leadership; weak, fossil fuel based economy. Strong support for the leadership from the population.
- China – “Avoid conflict but resist the NWO via alliance with Russia“. Although China has a vastly larger economy than Russia, it prefers to hide behind Russia in the confrontation with the West, but will support Russia, because China knows it is next after a Russian defeat. In the mean time quietly work towards ‘de-dollarization’ of the global economy and ‘de-americanization’ in general.
- Turkey/Caliphate – “Conquer the world for Islam, to begin with traditional Islamic lands and Europe next“. Turkey has understood that EU-membership is not in the cards, due to resistance from the European population. Under Erdogan, Turkey has quietly but steadily engaged on a re-Islamization program. There is no real separation of church and state. The actions of the US in Iraq has opened the prospect of the destruction of the Sykes-Picot borders in the Middle-East and the possibility for Turkey to found a neo-Ottoman empire. There are indications that Turkey quietly supports ISIS with the aim that ISIS does the dirty work for them.
- Japan – Do what US says but prefer isolationism. Mono-ethnic country, highly developed, but weak political leadership. Highly subservient to the US, even more than the EU.
The real state of western finance: the US is a financial house of cards, worse than Greece, but can mask that fact as long as the world keeps accepting the dollar. Russia and China are aware of this vulnerability and are quietly working towards undermining the dollar.
2025? – Multipolar World Order
Scenario: in 2015 the war in Donbass as well as the situation in the Middle-East began to escalate. The US announced it would start to deliver lethal aid to Kiev. Meanwhile Saudi-Arabia intervened militarily in Yemen, which prompted the Iranians to retaliate and occupy the Saudi oil provinces, bordering the Gulf. Turkey reacted in its turn and fighting broke out between Shi’ites in Syria/Iraq and Turkey, which evolved in a full blown war between Turkey & IS & Saudi-Arabia versus Iran & Assad & Hezbollah. Oil exports from the Middle East came to a complete stand still. China meanwhile had begun to dump US paper and soon in many parts of the world it was no longer possible to pay in dollar. This caused the US government to lose buying power on international markets, which rapidly lead to massive uprisings and looting in the US. In response, Texas attempted to secede from Washington and several other states followed, a move Washington did not accept. Meanwhile Russia offered to deliver oil and gas to Europe, provided it would abandon NATO, something that France did first, soon followed by Germany. To illustrate the new state of affairs, Russian mobile Topol intercontinental missiles were stationed in Germany, under dual key control, aimed at the United States. At the same time Texas began to request European logistical and military support, something that the newly founded Paris-Berlin-Moscow confederation of 700 million decided to honor and managed to bring hundreds of thousands of troops ashore via Galveston, Texas. In parallel, Chinese forces took advantage of the imploding United States and invaded US ally Australia.