With ever more declining EROI of fossil fuel, ever more fossil fuel is wasted on harvesting more fossil fuel, energy that could have been used to build new renewable energy and storage infrastructure.
A team of French government energy scientists are warning that the collapse of the global oil system is coming so rapidly it could derail the transition to a renewable energy system if it doesn’t happen fast enough. In just 13 years, global oil production could enter into a terminal and exponential decline, accompanied by the overall collapse of the global oil and gas industries over the next three decades.
[bylinetimes.com] – OIL SYSTEM COLLAPSING SO FAST It – May Derail Renewables – Warn French Government Scientists
[hal.archives-ouvertes.fr] – Assessing Global Long-Term EROI of Gas: A Net-Energy Perspective on the Energy Transition – Louis Delannoy, Pierre-Yves Longaretti, David Murphy, Emmanuel Prados
Core message: we are going to desperately need all remaining fossil fuel reserves to carry out the renewable energy transition. We should do so as quickly as possible.
– Keep all nuclear power stations open as long as possible. We need all energy sources available to enable the transition.
– Get serious about energy saving, encourage people to abandon the car (and replace it with autonomous driving) and mass tourism flying. Should be no problem with fossil fuel prices going through the roof. Autonomous driving is no longer a technological gimmick, but an essential means to save fuel. As an aside, Covid was a great help in reconditioning people regarding travelling and working from home (“never waste a good crisis”).
– Get tough with those who think we can afford to gamble the farm by annoying Putin-Russia and sabotage Nord Stream 2 further. The insufferable intellectual light-weight Annalena Baerbock comes to mind, the long arm of the US deep state and #1 war monger in Germany. For that reason, a ‘traffic light coalition’ in Germany is undesirable. The FDP should cancel such a coalition in the last moment (like they did before) and instead opt for a ‘Deutschland’-coalition SPD-CDU/CSU-FDP under chancellor Olaf Scholz and “super-European” and “Putin Versteher” Armin Laschet as foreign minister.
– Forget about America, it is a spent force. Not in the least because they are too late with the transition. They will be removed from entire East-Asia soon by China, supported by Korean unification on North-Korean terms. Japan will not allow the US to use its soil for attacks against Chinese forces. Fighting could happen in the Philippines, with China prevailing due to proximity. Europe should remain neutral in the conflict, not to run the risk of getting cut off from essential Russian fossil fuel supplies, necessary to carry out the renewable energy transition FAST. Every unit of fossil fuel, Russia can sell to Europe, they potentially can sell to China, if push comes to shove, provided they can get it there. A new Russian-Chinese pipeline is in the works. Don’t push Russia too far. We have zero interests in further acting as America’s useful idiot and their “One World integration schemes”, of which Germany became the first victim. Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan have shown that it is game over for the US. They know it is over, it is just that the NWO corps hasn’t been buried yet. Leave it to the Chinese to get that job done. Expect America to fall apart after the upcoming defeat in the South China Sea, just like that other globalist zombie, the USSR, did in 1991. For Europe, Russia is the future, essential to contain China and prevent a Chinese-owned planet and set up a multipolar world order instead. New York should be abandoned as the diplomatic capital of the world and replaced by something half-way Europe and China. Half-European, half-Asian Astana in Kazakhstan, equidistant from Europe, China, Japan, India and Muslim world, could be the right location.
– The EU should contemplate banning European companies to further work on Brexit-British offshore wind farms and give priority to building our own.